Graphic Designer (Contract)
Thank you for your interest in being part of the Wildcraft team! Please read through the contract description outlined below.
If you feel this position is suitable for you, follow these steps to be considered for the position:
How to Apply
- Email resume, current portfolio (URL or PDF) and hourly rate to email@example.com. Please note that these requirements are essential to be considered for the position.
- Send email with the following subject line: APPLICATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER CONTRACT
- In your email, be sure to tell us:
- Why do you want to join the Wildcraft team?
- Why are you well suited for the position?
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted via email
We look forward to hearing from you!
Wildcraft is a small batch, Toronto-based natural skincare company that focuses on creating high-quality, 100% natural products at approachable price points. Our studio space is located in downtown Toronto in the vibrant little Portugal neighbourhood. We're passionate about making healthy skincare that can be used in our customers’ everyday skincare routine. We have an online sales channel and we also wholesale our products to retailers across Canada. In the past year the company has seen a lot of growth and we're really excited about continuing to bring our products to an even larger audience in the future!
We're currently looking for a creative and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our Toronto team! The ideal candidate will work alongside the marketing team to develop any visual assets required for the website, social media platforms, email campaigns, and print collateral. This is an ongoing contract position and work will be assigned on an on-demand basis as projects develop.
- Use brand elements, product photography and copy provided to design digital and print materials to support new and ongoing marketing efforts
- Create engaging email campaigns within MailChimp that display correctly on desktop and mobile devices, as well as on dark mode
- Design eye-catching social media assets for Facebook and Instagram
- Make any static graphics necessary for the website, such as homepage banners, secondary images and product tiles
- Design print collateral needed for day-to-day activities, such as postcards, brochures, business cards, and product sales catalogues
- Ensure working files and final assets are uploaded to the server for other team members to access
- Must be able to meet in person at our Toronto studio occasionally for meetings
Skills & Requirements
- Formal graphic design experience is needed (motion graphics and/or video editing are a strong asset)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Access to a computer and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Comfortable using and editing product photography to create visual assets
- Able to create animated GIFs in Photoshop
- Experience with MailChimp to build marketing emails
- Basic-to-intermediate understanding of HTML / CSS
- Visually creative with a strong sense of layout design and colour theory
- Hard working, self-motivated and diligent
- Keen eye for detail and highly organised
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Open to taking direction and feedback
- Comfortable working independently and remotely