Thank you for your interest in being part of the Wildcraft team! Please read through the job description outlined below.
If you feel this position is suitable for you, follow these steps to be considered for the position:
How to Apply
- Email Cover Letter, Resume and Current Portfolio (URL or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these requirements are essential to be considered for the position.
- Send email with the following subject line: APPLICATION FOR PART-TIME PHOTOGRAPHER
- In your Cover Letter, be sure to tell us:
- Why do you want to join the Wildcraft team?
- Why are you well suited for the position?
- Feel free to include social media links which may show further examples of your work
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted via email
We look forward to hearing from you!
Wildcraft is a small batch, Toronto-based natural skincare company that focuses on creating high-quality, truly natural products at approachable price points. Our studio space is located in Downtown Toronto in the vibrant little Portugal neighbourhood. We're currently a team of five and are all very passionate about making healthy products that can be used in our customers’ everyday skincare routine. We have an online sales channel and we also wholesale our products to around 100 retailers across Canada. In the past year the company has seen a lot of growth and we're really excited about continuing to bring our products to an even larger audience in the future!
We're currently looking to hire a Part-Time Photographer to join our team. The time commitment would be 5 - 7 hours a week. The successful candidate will work alongside the marketing team to fulfill any photography required for the website, social media, print collateral and any other assets. Majority of the photography will involve skincare products in a recreated styled setting with the objective of sharing a relatable story to our customers. Photo shoots are mostly done at the Wildcraft studio, but the candidate may sometimes be required to perform a photo shoot at a different location in Toronto.
- Perform product photography and post-production following the brand’s aesthetic to ensure a high level of consistency
- Set up product shots by carefully styling the composition to achieve desired outcome, taking into consideration the setting, props and colour story
- Gather any suitable props needed for photo shoots, as well as help build necessary sets
- Adequately and properly light product using natural or artificial lighting
- Retouch, resize and enhance images accordingly using appropriate software such as Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop or equivalent
- Able to travel within the city to take photos at different locations
- Help develop creative concepts for photo shoots according to specific marketing campaigns needs
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Past experience with product photography is needed. Portrait photography and video are a plus, but not necessary.
- Creative with a strong sense of design, including layout composition and colour theory
- Proficient understanding of prop styling
- High attention to detail
- Hard working, self-motivated and diligent
- Strong communication skills
- Open to taking direction and feedback
- Comfortable working independently
- Must have own equipment (camera, lenses, computer, software)
- Passion for natural skincare is a bonus!